You've got an ambient face

Physical energy lower than a worm's limbo party this morning. And sweating seems to be back judging by my sheets for the last couple of mornings. Ugh. The humbug just keeps on coming.

Yesterday I crept out to get more Lemsip Max (respect to the inventors of those bad boys) from Boots, which allowed me to cast my baleful reddened eyes at the sea, and on other people, and so on which was very refreshing.

Was fortunately also able to reschedule some freelance work to next Monday, by which time, please God, I will be feeling better.

However I have learned that the comedy duo The Mighty Boosh are absolutely wonderful. I have been watching the DVD that Christof, Sophie's son, lent me of their first TV series. Originality, lovely wordplay and unrestrained imagination - not to mention sheer likeability. Just excellent. One of the characters being told he had a "generic", and "ambient" face made me guffaw childishly too. They have been around for some time, butthanks to Christof, I have finally caught up with them.

Also when I was with Mum and Mas I watched the movie 2001, which I'd not seen since childhood. Amazing just how contemporary the movie feels. Much less dated than subsequent star treks etc. Although these people cavorting in monkey suits at the beginning of 2001 are still to be treasured.

Looked at my poems today after some time, and decided that my working title The Ghost Clock is far too passive and dreary.

Listening to LPs belonging to me and my brother that I brought back from Mum's. Including an excellent album called HQ by Roy Harper, which I'd forgotten. Thoughtful, and vitriolic words, and cool tunes. He should have been much more famous than he was.

There is the added benefit of making Anton feel uneasy because I'm now singing the virtues of vinyl.

Below a bitmap doodle while listening to the radio. You have to make your own amusement.


Comments

Kate said…
Would just like to point out that despite The Mighty Boosh being around for a while, I actually discovered them 4 weeks ago. Therefore you are now copying me. Ha.