A parrot called Bottom

Klaudia's 4th birthday party. Up the hill in the afternoon, with presents. Before the party Klaudia and I enjoyed playing with a squawking parrot puppet. Klaudia, when asked by the parrot what its name should be, said Bottom and laughed like a drain, but we eventually we settled on Lily.

Then to a church hall for the part itself. Lots of children beetling about and a bowler hatted entertainer called Mr Pumpkin who had the kids spellbound for an entire hour, before they fell on the food.
I enjoyed watching, apart from somehow being caught up in Mr Pumpkin's evil web and getting a foamy pie in the face. I moaned briefly at Anton as this pie was destined for one of the dads and not a stunt double like myself.

Lorraine, Brian, Anton, Anna and myself went out in the evening for a few cheeky beers in a couple of excellent boozers, and then a pleasant Italian meal. Anton and Anna saying that that the nippers will be baptised in May so Brian and I will become Godfathers then. Just call me Marlon. Lorraine and Brian and myself having a last beer in a crammed Eddy, before gratefully heading home.

Below the lights out moment with the cake. And Brian, Anna and Klaudia opening presents.

Comments