Rough seas and queasiness

Feeling a bit queasy this afternoon I took myself for a walk along the seafront to get some air. Wonderful rough sea and powerful waves the perfect antidote to cyber staleness caused by three days of website building.

On the pier noticed again the tarot card reader's green covered waggon, looks like something that escaped from Dark's Carnival in Something wicked this way comes by Ray Bradbury. It made me feel almost compelled to go in, because it seemed so incongruous on this bleak and rainy grey day. The pier was almost empty, and glancing into its warmly lit interior you could spot Ivor the fortune-teller squatting at the back like a toad.

In the evening walked up to Lorriane's house in a massive downpour with an unaccountable need to listen to Led Zeppelin on my iPod. Very pleased to have my new waterproof berghaus anorak. I had killed the previous one by putting it in the washing machine, which removes all of its waterproofing at a stroke.

Once there I was fed very nicely, played Uno with Lorraine and her two teenagers. Sam and Beth. Sam has got the horrible spewing bug that is going around at the moment - not a great thought as I queased around. Uno, however, is a card came that requires you to exclaim "Uno!" every now and again and is quite good fun. Of course I prefer Euchre (played to Guernsey rather that Deviation rules naturally).


Below the sea.


Comments