Official: I am not attention seeking

It's not often I say a stern "no" to attention, but I had to today.

Was approached by someone writing an article for the women's section of The Observer called the Ex Files. This allows you and an ex to discuss, for the benefit of its female readership, why your relationship ended, and what you learned from it. Apparently, the pitch went, people can find this therapeutic. So I eagerly forwarded it to Mex for her opinion.

I went for a late lunchtime walk and, thinking about it, it suddenly dawned on me that I would rather plunge knitting needles deep in my own eye sockets than be part of it. When I got home there was a note from Mex saying much the same. What was I thinking?

Otherwise I worked on my new poem, provisionally called The Moth Display, and felt tremendously cheerful.

In the evening popped up to Victoria for another enjoyable and funny evening with New Biz Liz. Had quite a few drinks and then we went to strap on a Sri Lankan nosebag. After the builders have been in her new flat for months, she is now able to start decorating and has tasked me to source some words which she is going to paint on the wall.

Then home to watch Scrubs at midnight, as Scrubs is my new craze and one of the channels is showing Scrubs several times a day. I even woke up with the Scrubs theme tune going through my head the other day. Perhaps I should be worried.

Comments

Mecca Ibrahim said…
Glad you were with me on that.


btw

I'm no superman!