A cracking evening

Fairly idle Sunday. Spoke to mum for about two hours, and helped her set up a blog, which she will soon loose on an unsuspecting world. Naturally, I will link to it from here too.

Otherwise, I slugged on my gold sofa all the afternoon watching telly, particularly enjoying the Wookie in some Star Wars nonsense.

After dark out into the twitten, and the clamorous night. Guy Fawkes is tomorrow, but the Brighton sky was already alive with bangs and flashes and the sparkle of rocket trails.

Went to see Janet and Ken, who had invited me, and their friends Ray and Cesare, for a meal. Particularly enjoyed chatting to Cesare, a young history lecturer at the university, who has been following in my footsteps by lodging with Janet and Ken. Very enjoyable night, with various topics getting an airing: but mostly the degeneracy (or otherwise) of social networking sites such as facebook. Great to see Ken on much improved form, after receiving a few zaps from a laser recently, which corrected the clouding of the plastic lens in his one good eye.

Much good food, and that lethal PK bait: Roquefort cheese. All in all a delightful evening.

After, I rolled home down the hill with a fair amount of wine on board, conscious that I have work tomorrow... But not for long. This should be my last commute to London on a Monday morning for some time.

Comments