The unalterable essence of Monday

Mondays are Mondays whatever you happen to be doing. There is no use going against the grain, so today's focus was on generating work - and doing dutiful, Monday-ish stuff - emailing people and speaking on the phone. I took a break for a walk a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

Invigorating to walk in the wind by the rough grey sea for an hour or so, despite the rain. But the grey eventually made me feel gloomy. But my mood was dispelled by an Agent Cooper style - excuse me - DAMN fine cup of coffee and a quick phone call with Sophie who I am going to see tomorrow, and I zipped back home to recommence the tedious stuff with new heart. Spoke to one of my fellow denizens of the Twitten, who told me he had taken a few months off last year at the same time, and had loved it, which was good to hear.

Spoke also to Max the Mentor and Bob, while I was out and about. In the evening had a bit of a spring clean in my study, which felt good, and I ended the day feeling positive and cheerful.




Comments