Emergency beers at the Bag O' Nails

Single-minded day today. Worked from 8 till 4:30 on a new me me me website which will showcase all things Peter Kenny for freelance purposes. I am pleased with the results so far, and I will naturally post the link here when it goes live in a few days. It is also forcing me to revamp my old sixthfingers site and refresh my cyber presence generally, which is no bad thing.

In the evening, however, I went off to the Bag O' Nails at Victoria for emergency beers with First Matie who has broken her engagement
with Gav. Although upsetting and horrid, one of the few good things about such crises is that it reminds you that you have lots of pals and they all care about you, and Kate's pals are naturally all rallying round. It was good to see her, and she is doing okay.

In one way it's all quite reassuring. First Matie and me have had emergency beers many times over the years, and it feels part of the natural ebb and flow of things.

On a random note, read some promotional material at the pub and discovered that the had been called, until 1905, The Devil & Bag O' Nails which sounds rather intriguing.

Then home and a slightly disgraceful midnight pizza, while watching Scrubs on TV.
Below the Bag O' Nails.


Comments