A small axe

Really enjoyable day today. Got up and spent several hours working on my poetry manuscript and feeling that I am makings some real progress. The luxury of being able to concentrate on it for a while is wonderful. At this rate I should have a finished collection to send off in a few weeks.

Attended to a few bits of interesting correspondence, then after a light and unorthodox lunch of fish fingers and noodles, I decided to take advantage of the blue skies and go for a walk. Took my camera with me of course and snapped as I walked down through town and past the marina to the undercliff walk taking quite a few detours en route, ended up walking for getting on for three hours. Al texted me about a pitch win my old agency had won, and said she was missing me which was nice.

Contact with various people during the day, and an email from Simon who I've not heard from for a while. Just checked and there was a text from Carl last night well after midnight, asking about the Carlbasket, which was a big wicker basket my Mum had which had bedclothes and so on Carl used to use when he stayed over.

Really cold tonight, and I have stayed warm indoors, watching lots of TV and eating prunes and custard.

Below I discovered on the shore a perfect flint axe which fits snugly in my hand, and has various chip marks on it, and is very sharp. I can't decide if this is some relic, from several thousand years ago washed into the open air again, or merely a random stone, or something that was fashioned by someone last week demonstrating what stone axes looked like. I attach a photo so you can make your own mind up. What is weird is that when I took these photos I noticed it had hair like stuff on it... Bizarre.




Comments