Woken by Ken this morning phoning to double check that I will be attending his 75th birthday party next Saturday. Scrambling downstairs to the phone I realised I had overslept due to a traumatised body clock. He sounded in fine form, and was saying their place in Aix was now ready, and that he had been working on the satisfying business of writing a biographical note for an academic translation he has been working on. Looking forward to seeing him next week.

Otherwise feeling sluggish today. Went for a short walk down to the sea via the Pavilion. I was wearing my beany hat which gives me a large and pear-shaped head. I have a wrong face for hats unless they have large brims. Cold here, although in Brighton there is no snowfall as there has been in other parts of the country.

Then off to London to see Mum and Mase. Long journey due to repair work on the tracks. I didn't feel like writing today, however, and the battery on my ipod shuffle ran out so I brooded on things in a Heathcliffian manner. On the Victoria line tube sat next to seven or eight people who had just been to church or some religious studies meeting and were arguing, passionately, about Heaven. One man was saying that heaven was the one thing all people agreed about in the world.

Happy to see Mum and Mase, and tell them about my adventures in the Colonies while gorging on food and wine. Then watched a film called The Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks which I enjoyed despite it being a bit miserable.

Talked to MJ before sleeping. She was feeling Christmassy and thinking about decorating. She also helpfully suggested I wear a Peruvian hat, with strings, to keep warm and emailed me some examples like this one, which is a lonely hat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Peter Kenny would look adoreable in this hat, but then Peter Kenny would look adoreable in any hat he put on because Peter Kenny is...adoreable!