Back to work. Managed to get up on time and so on. Work was okay but jetlag made me feel very disconnected from things. Quite nice to see the Gnome, and had a quick chat with the French Bloke. Apparently Max is due to drop at any moment. She is finally off work but apparently went for a bicycle ride this morning.

Email from First Matie and will hook up with her next week. Spoke to Shaila too, who is back in Blighty. Otherwise not an arduous day, thank God. Cold though!

Home and spoke to MJ who is forking into turkeys in Brooklyn for thanksgiving with Weezer and Troy.

I am a bit braindead but reading Robert Frost on the train. Lots of images in the poems about leaves, which having seen a little of New England is hardly surprising. Enjoying one particularly this morning called A Leaf-Treader. I like the opening...

I have been treading on leaves all day until I am autumn-tired.
God knows all the color and form of leaves I have trodden on and mired.
Perhpas I have put forth too much strength and been too fierce from fear.
I have safely trodden underfoot the leaves of another year.


There is something quiet that I enjoy in his work, which reminds me a bit of Edward Thomas. He's got that understated knack that Yeats has of making things rhyme without the rhyme drawing attention to itself too much.

Got a very nice email from a guy called Simon Guettier who has works as a broadcaster. He stumbled across this blog and has lived in Brighton, and West London, went to Warwick University as well as hailing from Jersey in the Channel Islands (you can't have it all I suppose).

Comments