John the plumber & his taciturn sidekick came at 8:30 in the morning. Turns out that the whole toilet needs replacing due to cracks and antique workings. This leaves me struggling with buckets for another week. Talking to John afterwards I learned that he is a passionate diver, and has even won an award for the most dives made, a previous winner being Jacques Cousteau which necessitated him flying to Las Vegas and giving a speech. He told me about swimming with sharks too, to get good photos of them.

Had a long chat with MJ today. We are missing each other a great deal. We were feeling very cheerful talking about my next visit and she also floated the idea that Matty boy wasn't to blame for my hangover.

I really enjoyed life today. But found there were just not enough hours today to do all the Peter Kenny things I wanted to do. A while ago I started doing some bitmaps with the paint thing on the computer. Now I am doing a bitmap odyssey (a rough first page of which can be seen here). Also played a bit of guitar, worked on my Coventry poem, and generally pottered about.

In the evening walked off to a massive firework display at Sussex County Cricket Ground with Anna, Anton, Baby Klauds, Brian, Christian, Jane and Jon. Thousands there, lots of excitable kids running about on the pitch making it look like a big LS Lowry picture. It began to rain slightly just before the fireworks started but held off for the display. I love fireworks, and the gunpowdery smell in the air. There was a huge long and colourful display with such loud bangs that they made the earth vibrate. Baby Klauds unimpressed with this, and fell asleep.

Back to Anna and Anton's place where we scarfed red hot chili and I discovered a new function on my phone camera. Here is Christian twice and Anna.

Comments