Bought a new moleskine notebook today. I am very snobby about them. There's something about having a moleskine notebook which gives your jottings the proper respect. Walked down to the sea and sat in the cafe in the company of my new notebook.

The weather was wild and stormy with a real gale, and stinging rain. The sky a dark blue grey, which touched the sea and shoreline with dark smudges of rain. The sea was almost khaki green and very rough, as you can see from the pictures.

Really enjoyed the drama of it bursting over the groynes. Drank coffee, and watched the big waves roll by the pier for a long time. It felt like being at sea, apart from the fact there was no movement.

Afterwards walked down by the sea looking at the strange flotsam. Saw several mermaid's purses, and storm-broken cuttlefish, and odd clumps of shells which I think were broken off barnacles.

Matty called me and after I walked home and changed clothes I joined him and Taranjit and Craig in the Battle of Trafalgar. They'd had a great time at Lewes, although they looked a little jaded after their exertions.

I was rather surprised to learn that Matty boy had felt like a quick swim on Friday night after I left, and had simply done so in the November sea at 1:00 am. A long chat with these three before they set off to back to London.

I had an enjoyable evening at home. This is one of those weekends that I wish would stretch for several more days. I feel very creative.

Spoke to my darling MJ. Plans are afoot with Weezer for An Interesting Trip when I next visit the New World.

Comments