Sunday evening, and in Long Island MJ and Weezer are throwing a party, as a kind of engagement and farewell. Recently got off the phone talking to various guests, including Mr and Mrs Porter, who are old neighbours and were touchingly protective. And then there was Kadabra, Sephanie, Sheila and Kathleen... Talking to MJ longing I was there with her.

Quiet weekend for me. Felt ropey and illish yesterday which brings out the worst in me. Saw Brian, Anna and Anton and managed to buy myself the portfolio that I need to showcase my stuff for work. Gay Pride day in Brighton yesterday but I cleverly managed to miss the parade seeing only the trails of glitter on the street.

Funny threeway conversation with Weezer and MJ in the morning though. Poor Weezer getting stuff ready for the party like Cinderella and MJ grumpy about being woken early.

Today I felt perkier and more energetic. I had breakfast with Anna and Anton in the park, and then we went for a long walk into Hove, popped into the farmer's market and then down to the sea front, and walking back into Brighton, winding up in Pavilion Gardens. Baby Klauds stealing the show as usual by beginning to walk with real confidence.

Otherwise I have been stunned by Martha Wainwright's debut CD. Wonderful voice, wonderful songs, just wonderful - and unlike music I normally like. She has a song called Bloody Mother F***cking A**hole, which manages to transform the swearing of the title into something that moved me to tears.

Saddened by former Foreign Secretary Robin Cook's death yesterday. His resignation over the current war marked him as a politician of integrity.

This evening invented a new artistic genre... horror bitmaps!

Comments