Woke up in Chiswick. The music of the previous night going around in my head meant I got up, played some guitar. After some time, a sickening realisation: nobody was going to get out of bed and make me a cup of tea.

Letting myself out I walked past Thornton Avenue where I lived last year, feeling absolutlely nothing other than relief that my life had moved on so much. I think I left a lot of gloom behind me when I closed that door for the last time.

Back to Brighton and then hooked up with Anton, journeying to Havant where we were to be collected by Anna. Waited near Havant station in one of the worst pubs I have ever been in. Noticing our strange foreheads, the fascinated Neandertal clientel eyed us balefully, hopeful for an opportunity for a punch up. Cleverly, however, Anton and me avoided ordering Pims with an umbrella or talking loudly about our watercolour techniques and so escaped without harm.

Then the three of us, plus a welly-wearing baby Klauds, off to see Jane & Christian for a barbeque. Also there were Jon and Sally Nation and their baby Sophie. I hope they have a son and call it Juan. Needless to say, despite wonderful weather all week, it rained remorselessly all afternoon. Christian glowering and tending his barbeque under an umbrella. Hung out scarfing bits of animal for a bit in the kitchen before hitching a lift with Brian to a station and caught a train which took me to Hove, and then a walk through a cloudy and damp Brighton to arrive home.

Talking to MJ today of course. The nice Weezer round with her too. We have resolved to be as positive as possible under the circumstances of having all our plans delayed by her ex-husband. I am going to go to the US as soon as I can to be with her and draw soothing mindmaps.

Comments