Another cheery and rather lazy day which was exactly what we needed. Went to lunch in a diner, which I find one of those archetypically American experiences. The portions are enormous and you soon realise that finishing everything you are given is not an option. We were laughing a lot there, and I was mocked for ordering jello for some reason.

Just driving around is fun for me too. I find Long Island very green and beautiful, and the houses, baseball diamonds and some of the stores somehow remind me of Charlie Brown cartoons.

Quite a hot and muggy day. In the afternoon we bought flowers and went to put them at the grave of MJ's father and mother who died in 2000, and 2001 respectively.

Underneath her father's name her mum had put Mambo King, as they were both keen dancers. Interesting looking at all the names from all over Europe on the stones here in Long Island. Felt quite moved by being there, and wishing I could have met MJ's parents. As we left one or two spots of warm rain fell on us like tears.

In the evening, drove off for some Thai followed by an early night.

Comments