The weird cloud of stress that had engulfed me yesterday dissipated. But still not entirely with it. After reading my newspaper for ten minutes on a train at Brighton Station I noticed with some interest the train on the adjacent platform pulling away for London. The emptiness of my train suddenly explained itself.

Feeling slightly overwhelmed in Victoria Station today. Frayed by the awareness of so many people surging through the big enclosed space of the station down into the tubes or out to the buses and taxis. Police still standing about in twos and threes, one whose eyes flitted about from person to person in such an animated way that I had to laugh. Selfishly I wanted Mary Jane to step out from the crowd in Victoria so I could hold her. It was a thought that made me happy.

Out for lunch with Trace in the Ruen Thai who was telling me a little about her holiday in Telluride in Colarado with her boyfriend Russ. She used to live there and clearly loves the place. I saw some photos recently to do with a job I was doing at work and it seems very beautiful.

Spoke to Mike whose son is iller than first thought and will have to be in hospital for what the doctor estimates to be up to three months. He has picked up something which has sparked off a previously dormant genetic immunity glitch, and he is now on steriods. Mike sounding fairly philosophical, but it all must be a horrible worry.

Another nice note from Joan. A keen eye for detail:

Our old cat, Bob had a huge abscess on the side of his head. So big that it looked like he was growing a second head. Dick anaesthetized him and lanced it. Took 60 cc's of pus and fluid out of it and flushed it out with hydrogen peroxide. It foamed!
A fact which made me choke on the cup of tea I was drinking at work when I read it.

Returning to Brighton I spoke to Toby who is back in Toronto. Fortunately he avoided the recent lively business of the Air France jet sliding off the runway in a thunderstorm as it landed at Toronto. Toby has his arm in a sling after stubbing his toe in the shower and then falling over and fracturing his left arm. He says it is not bad, and doesn't require plaster and he is painting using his good arm.

Home and I spoke to MJ and it was her last day at work today. The wheels are in motion.

Comments