Working on Thor stuff quite early, and was making myself laugh reading it aloud in my room. It keeps me out of the crack dens I supposed.

Then, after protracted conversations with lovely MJ and my Mum, out and about in Brighton today.

Went to an exhibition in the Brighton Museum & Art Gallery today called Guys n’dolls subtitled, Art, Science, Fashion & Relationships. Which Mrs Pie was interested in.

I ducked into the exhibition after learning the catalogue would arrive at the gallery the day after the exhibition closes. Found it surprisingly interesting, however. It touched on the sexuality of dolls, including one life size furry lady built to the exact measurements supplied by a jilted lover. Also their medical uses as anatomical examples, learned that the model for the face of the Rescusci-Anne simulator used by medics to practice on, was of a female suicide drowned in the Seine in 1900.

Discovered that Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, also apparently pioneered the use of anatomically correct dolls in therapy with sexually abused children. This interesting because they are the client Mike and I are doing TV concepts for at the moment.

Enjoyed the work of an outsider artist called Michel Nedjar -- dolls made from rags and found objects, very powerful and looking like fetish objects.

After this bracing bout of culture, I floated about looking at the jewels in the windows of jewellers, looked at bunk beds, went to Infinity foods to root about with organic stuff, while taking a call from an excitable MJ, and took a walk down to the seaside which was windy and the sea full white horses.

As a special treat also bought myself a small Global knife, which later I used to slice deeply into my thumb. Had to improvise quite a bit to keep the gouts of blood out of the curry I was cooking.

Comments