Woke up early this morning, with the sun bright in my window with Gerard Manley Hopkins opening to the Windhover running through my head.

I caught this morning morning's minion,king-
dom of daylight's dauphin, dapple-dawn-drawn Falcon, in his riding...


Sprung, (rhythmically) from bed and am setting about the business of Monday feeling cheerful. And loving the idea of being morning's minion myself.

Busy and productive weekend. Saturday working on Anton and Anna's house in Southsea to get it ready for it being rented. Christian also came too and we had a laugh together as we painted the upstairs, while Anton, the little corporal, got busy downstairs. Ate pies for lunch in what was a beautiful day, and then after the ghastly business was all over back to Anton's for a takeaway curry and beer.

On the way back spoke to MJ and Anton reported conversation to Anna later as a sickening "I love you baby" fest.

Klauds being adorable this weekend. She was sitting on my lap for an hour and I was pressing the end of her nose and making a tweeting noise. Next day when I saw her and pressed her nose she did the baby signing for bird. She may be in a TV programme about baby signing soon, as Anna's taking her off to be filmed next week.

Yesterday Anton drove me and loads of throwable stuff off to the city dump. Amazing hellish main dump where you throw general rubbish into a stench-filled huge concrete cavern with two big mechanical diggers growling about in the gloom and dust. Like a vision of hell.

Also bought paint and finished -- finally -- painting my bathroom, cleared out stuff from my garden and made a new windowbox which has previously been full of dead sticks. Reorganised house, put things into the loft, moved bookcases around the place, bought beds, and generally began to get my act together.

Felt tired at the end of the day but slept like a large baby on Sunday night.

Comments