To London with Anton on the 7:47 from Brighton. Me more cheerful today, and after moaning at Anton all the way to Clapham Junction felt almost entirely cleansed and rejuvenated. Poor Anton.

Struck by a poem in the middle of the morning, while writing something about bad backs. I was listening to some tunes on my earphones while I typed, and Amelia by Joni Mitchell came on randomly and it made me think of my first flight to New York and MJ -- and blurted something out in ten minutes. Rather pleased with it as a start but I have reversed my policy of slapping everything on this blog on the day of its writing because of variable quality. Time is the best editor.

Went for a swim at lunchtime which was relaxing and nice. After work I met Paul and talked of many and diverse matters. Went to the Blue Anchor with him, where they filmed a bit of the Sliding Doors film. Took photo below. Paul should be in the movies I think.

MJ phoned while we were there and Paul had a chat with her, which was fun. I enjoy seeing how the interactions go, and everyone is certain that after talking to her that she is lovely.

After this, declined Paul’s offer to get “rat-arsed” and we went instead to a Twin Peaks style Polish restaurant called The Spitfire on the Fulham Palace Road, which having worked near it for five years I had never been in. Reminded me a little of food in Budapest. I had a starter of hearty apple pancake and smoked salmon which was enormous and.. Er.. Unusual.

Big models of a Spitfire, a Mosquito and a Lancaster hanging from the ceiling -- and many photographs of proud servicemen recalling the days of the second world war when many Polish pilots escaped to Britain to continue the fight in the Royal Air Force. The place was empty and melancholy, despite the pleasantness of the staff

Snatches of sleep on the train.

Comments