A day of manly acts. First manly act was to build bunk beds for when Jack and Kate come. Felt like the incredible hulk lifting one on top of the other. Actually not too difficult to build and the instructions didn't include a "swear violently now section". Now have to decide what to do with all the stuff I have taken out of my spare room. There is a law of physics that states that however much space you have, there will never be enough room.

Second manly act was to go to the barbers. I have been going to Nicki for about 11 years but, goaded by MJ who thinks my attachment to Nicki is unnatural (now I have buffoon's hair and Nicki is on holiday) I went to regular barbers in Brighton.

Hair dresser (to back of my head): God you've got enough of it there. (accusingly) You've had a go at it yourself! (aside to mate) Got my work cut out here. He's only had a go at it himself...
Mate: He what?
HD: Had a go at himself... No wonder we're going out of business... etc.

Had my head sprayed with a giant diffuser designed for yucca plants but emerged with a servicable haircut.

Also did shopping and spoke to Estate agents who sold me my house about the prospect of selling it again and getting something a bit larger. Naturally they were capering with glee and fondly remembering the torments of the damned I went through with them until a mere six months ago.

Lots of longing conversations with MJ today. Only one week till we see one another!

Have been listening repeatedly to a exceptional CD I heard playing in a Rounder Records shop in the Lanes last week. Bought it on the spot and it is by Amadou and Mariam, with guest star Manu Chao and is called Dimanche a Bamako. Never heard of these people before but it is utterly fab.

Comments