Back to work today. The nausea and unspeakable guts departing as quickly as they appeared. Working a lot on the train on my Thor monologue which is suddenly taking shape. Cutting is key -- Ezra Pound's call to murder your babies.

After paying a small fortune for No Sun In Venice yesterday, Anton helpfully sent me links to eBay pages where the same album could be had for £1.

In the evening Anton came by with special hi fi equipment, and let out a soul-wrenching gasp of horror. The record deck he lent me was at an angle and his spirit level revealed a terrible lapse on my part, and this led to much assiduous (and faintly accusatory) adjusting of legs. Then (see photo) he got out a small and sophisticated scales (probably invented to weigh drugs with)to correct the weight the arm was exerting on the two or three records I own.

We had an enjoyable cheeky beer shortly before closing time in the Eddy where the two barmaids were dancing behind the bar just for the sheer fun of it. Friendly pub. Home again and Anton and I msging MJ.

Comments