Much improved day today. Managed to travel on train, without wanting to stab people, reading The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis. Particularly attentive to the chapter The Wood between the Worlds which describes a wood full of puddles where the children magically appear. The description of the wood, which is green and limbo-like with puddles that are portals into other worlds was something that has remained with me ever since I read it as a child. Like the detail of the children finding a guinea pig that the boy's evil uncle had previously sent there.

Presented the concepts for the TV ad to our charity client today and these went down very well. I need a boost and, with any luck, this could be it. Fun talking about shoots etc, rather than writing copy about bad backs. They are seeming to favour one where I nicked the idea from Wings of Desire... Being able to hear the thoughts of parents while they are sitting with their sick children. Fingers crossed.

Spoke to MJ before I set off for the meeting. This long distance relationship thing cannot go on. Looking forward to her being here in July more than I can decently say on a blog.

Home early straight from the presentation and, in a rather manly way and employing the toolbox I bought with Anton at the weekend, finally put up bathroom cabinet, towel rail and painted a few more bits white.

Comments