Southward ho

Up and packed, then after a chat with Jerome and Mogg, scampered through the rain into Wester Cottage, breakfast there while watching Frasier with half an eye, and fond farewells with Sam. Jade drove us to Leuchars. The fields immediately outside their village misty and wet. Rather lovely nevertheless. Drove through a grey St Andrews, and bade Jade farewell, and clambered over the bridge to the platforms in soaking rain. 

Lorraine and I had an excellent time there, and I am looking forward to returning one day soon. My brain full of the colours of the East Neuk in all its moods.

Someone in our seats when we got onto the coach, but they moved away despite claiming to have booked that ticket. Settled in. An easier journey back down to Kings Cross with nobody screaming. Hard bony seats though. A disappointing August day. We were lucky to have had some nice weather. 

Leapt onto a train at St Pancras, and got to East Croydon quickly, but a 40 minute wait there for the train to Lewes, and back to Seaford. I mooched off to get some fish and chips, and Lorraine came home as Beth and James were there. James's car having broken down this morning. As I walked outside the home, I saw James resting his head on the kerb twisting at an infernal bolt underneath his engine. 

Beth indoors, having kindly looked after the cats, and fed Calliope her medicine.  Calliope clingy with me when I got back. Happy to be at home. Beth and James went home, and Lorraine and I enjoyed relaxing on the gold sofa and an early night. Happy to be home.

Below an undistinguished snap from the Forth Bridge. 



Comments