Feeling functional

Recommenced my statins last night, and despite feeling sluggish this morning, felt okay as the day progressed. Lorraine was up early and brought me a lovely cup of tea in bed, at 7:30 which was marvellous.  Slogged all day with Keith, except for a meeting with Gabriel. My weird lethargy seems to be abating a bit, and I felt a bit more functional today.

Meditated with Lorraine at lunchtime. After I was done with work late in the afternoon, I mooched out into the garden and did yard work for a couple of hours, things like cleaning the barbecue, and sweeping the patio, and stripping off bits of lavender to create cuttings, and pulling off bindweed, feeding the fish and so on. 

Clare Best asked me to be MC at her London book launch reading, which was very flattering.

Lovely healthy salad again tonight, including Kenny farm cucumbers. I went for a walk after dinner and made a disastrous choice of walking alongside a field, a walk I had done two or three times earlier in the year. Now it was almost completely overgrown, but I however hard it was, I thought I was almost at the gap in the hedge. However having fought my way there, there was a high barbed wire fence, so I had to double back. Emerged some time later, bleeding from my arm and shin, and trousers stained green. I sheepishly made my way home without even walking by the sea looking like I had lost a fight with vindictive flora. In the field, however, I saw what I am fairly certain was a barn owl, twice. Listening to an audiobook,  Johnson at 10 -- the inside story by Anthony Seldon and Raymond Newell. It is merciless. 

Joined Threads today, like an alternative twitter. I just wanted to be an early adopter.

Meanwhile Lorraine watching Murray playing a game of tennis at Wimbledon against a Greek guy called Tsitsipas. A close game and not finished tonight.   We watched the final episode of The Orville. I hope they make another series. We thought it was brilliant. 

Below Lorraine amid her triffids.



Comments