End of school photo

A busy day. Up and started work shortly after seven rushing to get everything ready for a 9:30 presentation. Good feedback and Keith and I were done before four. 

I then jumped on a bus and was picked up by Robin at Eastbourne station. A short nip back to her place, and after saying howdy to Nick, went into her potting shed and did the wrap up recording for the podcast. All a bit hilarious, with Robin having a tiny sort of retro iPod with her, playing weird music. We drank a single beer there and then Robin asked Nick to take the photo of us below.

From there off to a pub in Eastbourne, where we ate hot scotch eggs and had a couple of drinks before attention the open mic poetry session in the back. I ended up reading a couple of mine too. Received a good pep talk from Robin to about just getting on with it, re submissions. As we left she told the guy at Eastbourne that I should read there, and he agreed. Which was good.

Farewell to Robin, and I mooched off to the bus stop and soon was on a 12 and heading over the cliffs back to Seaford. 

Below Nick took this of Robin and I. The wall behind is plastered with poems, which is rather cool.




 

Comments