A tea room in Seaford

Up and two briefings the morning, one at 8:30, the other at 9:30. Both fairly cheerful affairs. Keith and I got on with the first one together during the day.

Broke off for lunch, were I went with Lorraine, Maureen and Pat to a cafe called Church Lane tearoom, where the others had a delicious home made style ham and chicken pie. There wasn't enough for me, so I chose a vegetable quiche, but hung about gannet like till Maureen gave me half of hers too, having had enough. The food there really was excellent, and very decently priced. Quite a few older folk there, and the staff couldn't have been kinder. After eating we took a detour to drive by the sea. It was a gorgeous milky green in the sun.

I went back to work, after fond farewells with Pat and Maureen, and Lorraine drove them home to Ashford. Alone, I finished work, and then had a walk up the local hill and down to the seaside. Beautiful just be able to walk so easily by the sea. Listening to my audiobook about Johnson at 10, which while is quite fun, getting the full story of the man's incompetence, is also a chastening listen, to learn how low this country has been driven by fools like him. Home again, and I did a few hours work to get ahead of tomorrow. Lorraine home in the evening, and I was selfishly happy to have her to myself this evening. 

Below Pat and Maureen in the Church Lane tearoom, and a drive by snap of the sea after lunch.








Comments