KBO

No freelance this morning so spent time thinking about the waiting project, after Innis sent me a Brain Pickings article about the positive aspects waiting can have on human communications -- a message you have waited for can be more meaningful than one you have not. I am working on a foreword to the idea, as a way of condensing what it is in fact all about. A new book called Delayed Response, by Jason Farman, seems interesting, and the one of the quotes nutshells what I am interested in... 'Waiting can be a tool of the powerful to maintain the status quo by forcing people to invest their time in ways that inhibit their ability to transform their situation.'

 Brain Pickings is excellent and I have bought books from reading articles on it.

After lunch I went to the gym fro a half an hour's trundle and a shower, then walked to what is becoming my usual Caffè Nero to meet Chris. Among other things I learned from him that he is toying with abseiling from the Eyesore i360 and that Churchill used the phrase Keep Buggering On, or KBO as a phrase for resilience. Resilience is something to be fostered.

Listening to more Aickman today as I walked into town and back. Salmon stir fry tonight. I watched a documentary about Jeff Beck. Managed to miss most of his work in the 70s, but he has a guitar that sings like a human voice, his version of Nitin Sawhney's Nadia is gorgeous.



Comments