A test of discipline

Lorraine working from home. I tidied up my office and caught up with this blog and started writing lists of things to be done. A trip to Sainsbury's, using a list which seemed to take us longer than when we just do it on autopilot.

Annoyingly my sinuses and throat chose today to hurt lots, and I felt washed out. Slept on the sofa for an hour in the afternoon, which definitely does not accord with principles of Iron Discipline. However rallied somewhat after sleeping. Lorraine said I was fighting off a cold, which is made it feel more rigorous.

Lorraine cooked a lovely dahl this evening, with curried cauliflower and we ate this watching more episodes of Bleak House. This was a brilliant series, which I missed when it was first broadcast. Makes me want to read the novel again.

Comments