Poets assemble

A happy Friday. Working fairly productively this morning. Also had a couple of hours working on stuff for my agency pals in Chiswick, and sauntered into town for a haircut, as it was all getting a bit Art Garfunkley.

In the evening off to Lewes to meet up with the Telltale & Friends posse, Robin, Sarah, Charlotte, Catherine Smith and Stephen Bone. A hugely enjoyable and altogethery evening in the lovely Lewes Arms catching up on everyone's news. It did lots to make me feel less alone and weird in this mad pursuit of writing.  A fair amount of drinking done too. Also reminded me that people had lots to cope with lately. Both Charlotte and Sarah's mothers had died last year, and life is full of challenges. I just felt I drew great strength from my fellow writers.

Fond farewells, and Sarah and I hopped on the Brighton train, and I got off at London Road. Spoke to Lorraine, and scored a curry. Home at around 9:30 although it seemed much later due to being in the dead of winter. Talked a lot to Lorraine once home.

Below  the Lewes Arms, a more welcoming sight on a winter's evening would be hard to find.


Comments