Blue skies

Gorgeous weather, and feeling unbelievably happy to just get up and work on my own stuff for a while, before walking through the park into town. I got a haircut, then some earrings for Lorraine, and returned back home, through the park again, picking up an excellent bunch of flowers, even the florist was impressed with her own work, she asked me if there was a special occasion and I said Friday, which seemed to win me brownie points.

Then an afternoon doing bits of admin, billing, chatting to Sonia, and attacking the lawn with shears, as the pesky lawnmower won't work despite me spraying it with WD40. A backbreaking business.

Clem from next door came around, armed with a beer to discuss the decking and the new stairs we want in the garden. He was full of good advice and the prospect of changing the garden was suddenly all doable, which was great. He is going to lend me a big iron spike to break up the old decking and in with the new. Apparently it is very therapeutic destroying stuff.

Lorraine home, late as she had stayed in school to avoid motorway queues. This made worse by a Brighton versus Manchester United game this evening. Brilliantly, Brighton won, securing their continuance in the Premier league.

Lorraine and I toddled around to Red Chillies when she arrived home, ordered some curry, and sat in the Park View sipping a pint of cold beer, before picking up the food and repairing home. A happy evening, and the prospect of a long weekend.

Below blue sky with yellow things and pink things in Preston Park.



Comments