Godfather on a car horn

Up at a hateful 5:20 and off to work, walking to Preston Park after kissing Lorraine, and leaving her in bed and talking about getting another sleep cycle. Enjoyed waking Calliope up, instead of vice versa. Into Paddington and arrived at work at 8:10 after a smooth journey. Into a cab with two suits and off to a Regus building beyond the western fringes of London, passing through Hammersmith, and many and old stomping grounds, including the agency where I met Mark Dixon (founder of Regus) several times. He reminded me a bit of Mason. I walked around one of his Regus centres with him in Chiswick, and remember the rigid terror his presence provoked in his staff.

Today in the Regus offices we met up with a couple more of the agency team and we presented to a pharmaceutical client some of the ideas I'd been working on. The pleasant client gave us the benefit of his opinions and we left after a couple of hours. During the meeting a car outside was playing the theme to The Godfather on its horn.

Eventually we made our escape in a small cab with a man who kept talking, as I was in the front with him. Half the year he grew olives in Spain apparently. He said his wife had 'naffed off'. Can't say I blame her. We drove past Grenfell Tower. It is mostly wrapped in plastic. Driver said the residents wouldn't take places unless they had gardens. Amazed that I let it pass without giving him the benefit of some of my opinions. Idiots abound. He had the window open on the motorway, and Dan in the back got a small stone in the face.

A quiet afternoon, luckily, as I was rather bushed. Left work like an eager young greyhound after a leveret and pausing only to buy some beer, made it to Mum and Mason's place in good time. A cheery night having dinner with them. Mum and I listening to a bit of jazz together too, and generally shooting the breeze. All good fun. Earlyish to bed though, as I was pretty tired. Spoke to my lovely Lorraine, wrote this blog, and now am intending to recline in the arms of morpheus.

Comments