Jenny Wren

A deep sleep at Mum and Mason's house. Woke up and soon the sound of classic FM from below, as Mason was up early and eating one of his breakfast soups, with plenty of black pepper. Coffee toast and a cheery chat with Mum and Mas. Most of the way to Stanmore station, I realised I had left a present for Lorraine from Mum and Mas behind. Went back, and Mum was in Kings Drive to palm me the suspicious package. Because of the redevelopment there, I looked afresh at the Synagogue's high walls and barbed security wire - what a world we live in.

Enjoyed the easier commute. A bit rudderless today, working alone, and not inspired by the work. Joints hurting and having little energy. Lunchtime just increased my straining at the leash feelings. Bolted for the door at home time, as the rest of the agency had its weekly meeting. Four blessed days of freedom now. Happy about that.

Home to Brighton station, and met Lorraine climbing out of the Qashqai fresh from the gym. She liked the presents from Mum and Mas. Lorraine happy to have me home, as I was to be there with her. Even the cats seemed pleased.

A snap of the tourist barge Jenny Wren, a name I love, turning in the canal at Little Venice.



Comments