A people day

Up early and working hard on the French stuff straight away all morning. My pals there said they loved what I had done, which always makes you feel good and valued. A fast early sandwich and watched Lorraine (the morning TV show starring Lorraine Kelly) and today's episode featured royal lookalikes. Spotted Jane of course. There was an item at the end of the program where some designer had suggested what clothes the royals should be wearing. Jane was modelling clothes on TV, which is something new to add to her list of accomplishments.

Had done and dusted by two o'clock. A chat with Sonia about something she'd read in the home country about worms that burrow in people's eyes having visited Africa, and then I walked over to Hove to see Janet and Ken. Scored some hazelnut brownies en route. Nice to chat with them.  Janet always so full of ideas. Ken looking well too.

Back home and a quick discussion with Clem who is going to re-deck our back garden, with excellent stairs and so on. Lorraine home, and extremely tired. I think she has whatever it was that was making me feel exhausted midweek, plus she has had a shattering week with SATs tests and so on at school. Today was tea to celebrate the royal wedding. I say bring back the guillotine.

I went out and scored some Friday night curry, and had a cheeky pint of Harveys in the Park View while waiting. Back to Red Chillies and found myself sitting with Philippa from next door. Nice chat with her about Japan, as she had been there with Harvey her partner before they had the baby.

Lorraine and I watched a film called Hunt for the Wilderpeople -- which we both enjoyed.




Comments