Bolting

A busy Tuesday.  Trying to tinker with poems this morning, but my brain not joining the dots properly. No lunchtime walk, instead I had sushi to eat in payment for presenting to one of the nicer clients, the presentation went well, and I nodded and tried to radiate my enthusiasm at the right times. This being done, the agency was scratting up for work for me, and I found myself proofreading German documents about drugs. Sub-optimal given my inability to speak German. Still, it is work, and I can recognise the difference in shapes of words. Bah. Bolted work as soon as possible.

Found out I did not a winner one of the poetry pamphlet competitions I entered, which came as no surprise, as the collection was hastily assembled. The far stronger collection has not yet been ruled out yet. Left work late. Texts with Keith and planning a meet up with him and Pat next week. Walked back from Brighton station, where Lorraine was already home and putting together a stir fry. Happy to be home, though feeling tired.

Comments