Open houses

Strangely hungover this morning. Lorraine however, awake early, and brought me a cup of tea in my footballer's mug. Very slow to get up. I made fried tomatoes on toast and brought back to bed. Then eventually up, and doing what Lorraine called paperwork, which was chiefly scowling at computer screens. Drove into town to collect money for our Cordoba adventure which will start on Saturday. Be nice to go to Spain. I've been to Portugal, and to Barcelona once for a gruelling stag weekend. But I'm looking forward to it.

Home again, and armed with Euros. Then Lorraine and I sauntered through a few open houses. A gorgeous sunny but not too hot day. Fewer houses open than usual. Saw one painting that was fairly good of the side of Tate Modern, and some amazing embroidery by Agnes Chevalier the embroiderer I'd bought some work from once for a present for Lorraine. Lorraine bought some gifts for people at school, and then we zoomed home.

Beth came by for dinner and a chat. Clem from next door dropped in to discuss decking and we agreed for him to go ahead.

Lorraine had cooked an excellent chicken tagine with pickled lemons, and we ate it in the kitchen with the sun streaming in. Watered the garden, and after Beth went, Lorraine and I watched the new episode of series two of the Handmaid's Tale. Grim stuff, but stylish and beautifully acted by Elizabeth Moss and the cast.

Comments