Breaking away to Kent

Up unexpectedly early as Erin from next door came to feed the cats though we were still at home. Up and packing for a two day mini break in Kent. Weighed myself this morning and am the heaviest I have been in a few years, which is quite depressing, although I did eat all the wrong food in abundance last week.

Went to look at cars near Patcham. Stopped off at one dealer that Lorraine had been to before. It emerged that she had been given a test drive there before by Dave Carr, which made me laugh. We saw a Ross Car-ter today. I sat in the three types of car that Lorraine is looking at. Both a bit stressed as it is lots of money even for a second hand car. We are narrowing it down.

Then back into our own car and Lorraine drove us to Sissinghurst. A beautiful sunny day, and East Sussex and Kent looking extremely beautiful. It is designated of course an area of outstanding natural beauty. Down treelined lanes and through old and lovely villages. We arrived at Sissinghurst at a pub called The Milk House. Our room is called The Churn, and was more inviting than it sounded. The bar and restaurant very pleasant too, great news for the diet which I must start any day now.

A quick walk in the cold but bright afternoon before we returned to The Milk House. I had a much needed snooze, and then we had a drink in the bar below and a nice meal. I had potted goose and sea bass and Lorraine had tomato and parmesan soup followed by pork belly. All good.

Below a winter orchard, and the wall outside the churchyard nearby in sunlight.



Comments