Table tennis in the park

Up at 5:30 to drink some Chamomile tea after being awake all night, having gone to bed overtired and then the sounds of the party and people ringing our doorbell through the night. Healthily in touch with my inner humbug and I made bah! noises into the darkness at Brian and Calliope who were nevertheless pleased to see me.

Off this morning to Anton and Anna's house, where I went with them and my Godchildren off St Anne's Wells park cafe for breakfast to celebrate Anton's birthday. We all had a fun time playing table tennis, until the fine rain became increasingly soaking. Klaudia again insisting I carry her upside down, which is something I first did years ago, and she seems addicted to. Oskar treating us to wiggling his front tooth, and then re-settling it at nasty angles.

Anton off to Portugal with the children this afternoon, so I sloped home in the soaking rain after being given pieces of cake.

Popped in later to the Shakespeare's Head to meet Matt, Wayne, John, Tanya and Catherine for an hour. Lots of good chatting. I particularly enjoying talking to Catherine and Tanya, who I don't know as well as the others but really like.

Back home again, then Lorraine, who had been working on a job application all day, and I popped to Sainsburys. This I followed by an exhausted snooze, then a couple of hours working with Lorraine on the application, before supper and an early bed.

Below Oskar playing table tennis, Klaudia rather high in a tree, the shot spoiled by a rainsoaked lens, and Oskar meeting a large wooden rabbit in the park.




Comments