Blue Notes

Vile night. Woke at two o'clock and had no sleep till shortly before I was due to get up. Not helped by Calliope continually purring into my face, and making odd crunching noises on the carpet on what turned out to be a grizzly wood pigeon's wing.

To work, and because I felt so tired I did a relaxation/meditation tape on the train. Afterwards felt repaired in body and soul, and rather cheery, thinking about all the creative projects I have ready to unleash, now that the running sore of not having enough money is being rapidly rectified.  On that note, I was offered another week's work next week, at a place I've not worked at before in Farringdon. Once those invoices start being paid, the Kenny coffers will be spilling with doubloons. I am lucky to be able to earn money quickly.

After work, zoomed back to Brighton, where Lorraine met me at the station, and we sped in the car off to Hove to the Blue Note, where we met Matt. An interesting night organised by Claudius. The Shakespeare Trio, temporarily a Quartet tonight, with the addition of Theseus on percussion and played a ballsy set. Really liked Normanton Street too, who were billed as soul/jazz poets and were raw but full of the seeds of something splendid. Lele Bizzoca, a Jazz guitarist who, with bits of digital trickery, made his guitar sound like an ensemble, with it even making flute noises.

I was feeling slightly dubious about performing in the company of all these musicians, but I was relieved that my reading went down surprisingly well with an attentive audience, I even sold a book. Good to see Steve Cartwright too, who like me has been really busy of late.

Home late, eating chicken and chips, before bed.

Below Normanton Street, me, and The Shakespeare Trio (this evening a quartet with Theseus on percussion. Shakespeare eluding the camera of course).




Comments