Pizza print

This morning made it to London fine, but Victoria tube station closed due to crowding. However happily discovered a new bus route that was a boon. Learned that my poems are going to be on the buses again in Guernsey, and in the Airport and so on. Cheering news. More lung disease at work, but had a good laugh sitting next to First Matie, who got me via facebook to get her a cup of tea.

In the evening to the Salisbury where I met Aimee for a cheeky few beers. When you can get a seat in the Salisbury, it is one of my favourite pubs. Lots of news to share, and always nice to see the spirited Aimee. She is like a breath of fresh air. And good to hear that she has dragged a new boyfriend through the catflap, who seems to be very nice and is much liked by her family too.

Just missed a train at Victoria, so rather late getting home. Bought an Ace Pizza and ate it on the bed chatting to Lorraine. After a few slices, I managed to drop face down on the floor, leaving a pizza print on the carpet. Galling.

Felt like I had a brick in my stomach as I drifted to sleep. When will this weekend come....


Comments

Guernsey Girl said…
Good news about your poems going on the Guernsey buses - have just got back from a brilliant week on the island which included a talk by Louis de Bernieres at the Guernsey Literary Festival. Missing it already...
Peter Kenny said…
Lucky thing! I haven't been all year and I am missing it greatly. Hope your book's coming on fine!