A happy Saturday

Slept like a log, and woke at eight. Beautiful day, and thank God for the weekend. Still, nowhere near enough time to sort out everything that has been left on ice for the last few weeks. Up early and billing and some admin. Lorraine and I headed into town, Lorraine picking up a conker from the big tree on the road,  before we headed into town for a much-needed haircut, put my suit into dry cleaning before next weekend's wedding, pharmacy etc. Lorraine and I also took the opportunity to pop into The Basketmakers for a couple of hours where we met Matt, with Rosie and Dawn putting in guest appearances too. Great to be back in the Basketmakers with friends.

Matt about complete a choral piece I supplied the words for, based around the phrases used in shop windows, either called Season, New Season or Everything Must Go. 

I bought a CD, for the first time in ages. Rispah, by The Invisible. Fell into conversation with the woman serving me in Resident Records and discussed how they should be the best known rock band in the country, their first eponymous album a few years ago was stunningly good and Rispah does not disappoint.

Wonderful textures and murmury layers on an album mainly about grief, and named after the singer/guitarist Dave Okumu's late mother.

Lorraine and I then for much needed quiet night in. As recommended by my barber, Lorraine and I enjoyed the start of a new series called Lilyhammer, which transplants a New York mafioso on a witness protection scheme to snowy Norway, with rich results.


Comments