Welcome to Earth

A summer's day. Proper blue sky and everything. Lorraine and I faffing about with various pre-holiday jobs. I spent some time during the day restringing my guitar with Hybrid Slinky strings, bought yesterday from the guitar shop around the corner, which was full of people holding plastic cups of wine and talking guitars. I also replaced the battery inside the body of the guitar (as it is a semi acoustic) an act requiring a snake-like dislocation of my hand bones to achieve.

Another gallop to Brighton station to collect Claudia, Lorraine's Finnish 17 year old niece. The ladies went then to nose around the lanes, while I zoomed to the gym and a sweaty workout. Being able to exercise again is drastically improving my mood. Then plunged back into the thronging North Laine full of people sitting in the sun. There with Lorraine, Claudia and Betty to The Basketmakers, where I indulged a hearty yang lunch and cold beer to the yin of my previous exercising.

Talking to Claudia who, with a refreshing honesty, says she mainly likes to sleep all day, then party with her pals and stay out all night. Her English is excellent, as they speak it at home as her dad's Finnish is not so good. She has been staying with Maureen and Pat for the last few weeks and missing her mates.


Betty cooked fajitas tonight, which were rather excellent. Watched the hugely enjoyable Americans v Aliens film Independence Day again on TV last thing before bed. 'Welcome to Earth!' shouts Will Smith, punching an alien. Class. 



Comments