To the Salisbury with Toby and Romy

Weird bits of blue sky through the Velux windows this morning. Lorraine and I responding by shopping for sun cream and mosquito repellent and looking for our snorkels.

Scampered to the station, and then up to London this evening to meet Toby and Romy who were staying at a swanky hotel near the Embankment, having taken Mum and Mas on a riverboat cruise from Istanbul to Austria. Felt really nice going off to meet them. I wish we could do it more often. It was like a coolish, but proper summer's evening. We sauntered through central London which looked beautiful, all spick and span for the Olympics beginning next week and teeming with even more people than usual. We made our way across Trafalgar Square up St Martin's Lane to The Salisbury where we had a quick and cheery drink. Some local colour there for Romy, came from singing drunks on the next table.


Thence to a Japanese restaurant where we were shown downstairs, sitting in a bunker-like alcove decorated in primitive line drawings. Lorraine, who is not a cave person had to change seats with me to sit on the edge.  The waitress was as Japanese as I am, but the meal was good and I had what Toby ordered. 


Home painlessly, and we stayed up for a while chatting to Betty and her pal Laura, who I finally realised why I like so much, despite not really knowing her. It is that her personality in a curious way reminds me of my old pal Carl. 


Below some pub snappage in the Salisbury. Nobody come out of these shots looking exemplary, but great fun was had... Toby and me; me and Romy; Romy, Lorraine and Toby x 2.

















Comments