About my own beeswax

Happily beeswaxing new bookcases that have arrived from the recycled wood place. Less happily cleaning the Augean Stables of the cat litter trays, a labour that is necessary due to the inability of fat Basil to squeeze through the catflap. This leads to having to have a litter tray in the house, into which all three defecate with copious abandon.

Minimal writing done as I mind mapped and wrote lists of things I need to do, which is far easier than actually doing anything.

Eye test this afternoon by a loquacious optometrist. Interesting to see photographs of the back of my eye on his screen, which I was told are in decent shape. Better shape than the feeble jokes the man was creaking out. Still he was friendly, and told me that despite recent eye strain, I don't need a new prescription, a boon for the Kenny coffers.

Home and a quiet night, listening to my Audiobook of Ulysses, which has got easier when I realised I was listening to it on 1.5 x normal speed setting. It is dense enough without it being gabbled at you. Wonderful writing, although Joyce can't be accused of wearing his learning lightly, and I have already had enough of things being 'snot green', and talk of 'snot rags'. For some reason I have never fathomed, I find 'snot' to be the most repellent word in the English language, just the sound of it sickens me. Snog is pretty vile too. It is that short O sound.

Lorraine training school guv'nors tonight, so back late and demanding gin and tonic. Betty and three of her pals spending hours getting ready to go out, a mysterious, excitable process, involving hilarity and some drinking. Betty was touched by Romy leaving her a present.

Paid my tax bill... No more tax to pay till January 2013. Yippee!

Below the three cats in the Old Church Hall... In the doorway Basil (a female despite name) Brian the silver tabby, and my daemon Calliope on her back. I forgot to mention that Calliope turned on my radio the other morning, after failing to rouse me by conventional methods.

Comments