Islands

Lorraine and I finally repaired the kitchen island which had been propped up on a collection of art books for some time. One of the solid steel wheely wheel things (technical term) had snapped off completely unprovoked, and our job was to replace this. Some hefting, drilling, and manful screwing. Always feel rather amazed when DIY works. Lorraine and I are a good team. Lorraine is brain I am brawn.

Otherwise heavy rain on Saturday and small chores. Lorraine and Beth both not feeling very well. Lorraine and I had an interlude in the park on Sunday night, in a rainless sky. Beginning to feel stir crazy, stale and negative and generally not a great pleasure to be around. A condition which floating about in the transparent Aegean sea looking at fishes for a while can only help. Will take my watercolours too, for the full therapeutic experience. Rediscovered my favourite straw hat today,  having lain dormant in the unabated rain, and Lorraine sifted through sarongs.

Below I am finding myself listening to lots of talks. TED talks are fab. This talk on achieving your childhood dreams by Randy Pausch wasn't a TED talk I think, but became quite famous in the US for being inspirational, and was given a year before Pausch's death.

Comments