Back on Shakey ground

Into town this morning with Toby and Romy, a last cup of coffee, Romy telling me about some of the weird situations she's faced working for a Canadian bank last year. She deserves her holiday. Then a walk through some Twittens towards home, a quick pack, for Toby and Romy travel light. Fond farewells at Brighton station. Sorry to see them go, but happy in the knowledge I will see them again soon.

After cooked a salad based repast for this evening for Lorraine, then off to The London Unity where I met Steve, Dipak and Richard. It was busy as it was Pemma's last night. The Shakespeare Trio on first, unusually, and there were loads of acts some rather good. I also did a poem, which I read abysmally. It happens in this venue all the time and feels like a jinx. Good to catch up with the boys though, and the Shakeys played well -- and, Dipak told me, are about to take over the running of these Wednesday night open mic sessions.

Comments