New Ventures

Good work today on the book. Also a funny conversation with Sonia, who was asking me if Sherlock Holmes was a real person.

Then an enjoyable evening. For Lorraine had suggested we go to the New Venture Theatre, to see an evening of eight 10 minute plays.

A fun format giving you loads of ideas in one evening. Every play worth watching. The first was by a friend of Lorraine’s and had some enjoyable farcical elements. Two plays about writing, which I enjoyed less, and one about a prison visit, which was excellent. In the second half there were plays about children in a back garden, lost romance, a psychiatrist's visit and silence (which got my vote) and a comedy about mistaken identity in the park.  Every time I go into a theatre I feel happy and they have a great little space there. I will join when I get back from my holidays.

As we filed out at the end of the night, each audience member was given two marbles and asked to vote by dropping them into a sealed container, and there will be a winner at the end of the week. Inevitably you are comparing apples with oranges. 

A much needed brace of cold lagers at the theatre and we bumped into Carrie, who Lorraine used to sing with. She's involved with another theatre. I felt quite inspired, and that my work would have stood up to what was on show. I want to find out how to get more involved when I get back from holiday. 

Lorraine and I home on the bus, and then popped into Ace pizza, as we'd not eaten other than a few peanuts. Home to a few slices of indigestion-provoking grub before bed.


Comments