Sun in the Signalman

On with my work this morning, out a couple of times to the shops in the blazing summer sun. Claudia surfacing at 2:30. Made her toast and had a chat for a while, she is has a directness which I like. Lorraine home early too, which was excellent.

Phoned Jane and Richard in Guernsey. Much local excitement as Charles and Camilla (for whom Jane is the world's leading lookalike). Shots on Jane's site of Prince Charles, who gave Jane something of a second glance. Meanwhile Richard's new book was coming on apace, and I heard about their trip to Devon and the north of England, experiencing house floods en route. Reminded me how much I am missing Guernsey and how a bottle of wine with Richard and Jane is well overdue.

Then Toby arrived from London for another short stay. We took Betty and Claudia to sit in the beergarden of The Signalman and shot the breeze there. Betty drinking a pint of Brighton Blonde, which she says is what she is. We also discovered that Claudia does not like dogs. Lorraine, arriving a little later, got sucked into conversation with her friend with blue hair, whose name I should know.

Sudden wave of cheeriness and I felt as if my holiday had begun. Great to have Toby around and share a few beers. Home to Lorraine's mouthwatering chicken stew with lettuce and grapes. Feeling very cheery.

Comments