Cometh the hour, cometh the Manvinder

Decided to try to maintain equilibrium today. Did what work I could on my laptop, and in the afternoon Sam came by and tried a few fixes on my computer. He zips between windows and makes lightening fast decisions on things, incredibly quickly. Had a nice chat in between various strategies.

I ended up calling the Dell software helpline and actually got a rather efficient and helpful guy called Manvinder, who has reinstalled vista. I have decided to upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7, which supersedes the universally despised Vista. I noticed today on the Dell website that there were downgrades available - to change your Vista back to XP (the preceding system, which shows just how much it sucked). Meanwhile, Manvinder rather amazed when I asked him if he were Sikh. Always seems to surprise the helpline guys in India when you know anything about their country.

And on an even more positive note, I've got another call from my old agency to do some work on neuropathic pain over the next couple of weeks. This quite handy, as it keeps the wolf from the door, and pays for computer fiascoes. It means I will have to commute to London for the next couple of weeks. This gives me plenty of opportunity though to catch up with some old muckers. So all well.


Lorraine came by this evening. Had a Chinese takeaway after a cheeky glass of beer in the Caxton.

Comments