My birthday part two

Now into the second week of my birthday celebrations. First tidying up my house in a frenzy in the morning, helped by the ever lovely Lorraine. Then Mum and Mase arrived first and were momentarily traumatised because I was in the corner shop, and thought they'd got the wrong day. Then my old school friend Shaila necessitated dancing about on the streets outside the stations looking for a glamorous sparrowy thing in a BMW. As we left for the Sussex Yeoman, a few yards around the corner, bumped into First Matie too. At the pub met Janet and Ken, Anton and Brian. Had some pretty nice snap and the conversation started to flow nicely. Also had several more presents too: one of those waterbottles you can put into your rucksack and suck water out from like you were in Dune, from Anton and Anna. A plastic model kit of an FW190 from my Godchildren, a beautiful designer jug from Janet and Ken, and some salad forks, a bottle of Champagne and books on Buddhism from Hong Kong from Shaila, and the Cheeky Guide to Brighton from Brian.

Soon other pals started joining us. Lakshmi being the first, then we drifted across the road to the Battle of Trafalgar, another noble establishment moments from where I live, and I was joined by Cath, and Mark and Beth, and Dawn, who gave me a wee red notebook and pen, and Graeme and Reuben. There was not much of a plan other than simply drink and chat after lunch And luckily due to the niceness of the people involved I had a exceptionally good time sitting about shooting the breeze with friends.

Unaccountably, at about 11:30 I decided I had enough, and Shaila and I wandered out, to buy some chips and went home with Lorraine and ate some of them. I must then have gone to bed.

A wonderful day with great friends, following on last weekend's jaunt with Craig, Matty and First Matie and Lorraine in Guernsey, made me feel very fortunate indeed.

Comments