Matty in the Batty, then ratty

A rainy an uninviting day. Went to Sainsbury's early, and returned to cook breakfast for myself and Lorraine. Matty called to say he was coming down to Brighton, and then to say he was in the Battle of Trafalgar. Met up with him, First Matie, Tash and her relatively new boyf Steve, and two friends of Matt called Matt and Jenny. Ended up having yet another rather boozy afternoon. After everyone had left to go to a party, Lorraine and I were possessed of the idea of having a curry, failing to persuade First Matie to join us, we grabbed a taxi.

Nice meal, but I banged my head on the ceiling of the toilets in our usual restaurant. This was followed about ten minutes later by an undignified altercation in the street after a man walked into me for absolutely no reason. I invited him to fuck off, and was told to pack it by some bouncers outside a nightclub.

Thus chastised Lorraine and I managed to make it home with no further adventures, and instead watched a fabulous edition of Later with Jools Holland. Guests including Smokey Robinson, and a strange band called Miike Snow who was splendid. Also Jack White's new band The Dead Weather, Yoko Ono, African musician Bassekou Kouyate and DJ duo Basement Jaxx. Just a fine show and mix of music.

To bed.

Comments